Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Free Choice #1

In my architecture class this semester I designed a house that is my pride and joy. I spent a long time designing it, and making the floor plan flawless. After every class, I would print out what I had done that day on a regular size sheet of paper, and edit it at home. My inspiration came from looking at house plans online, and realizing what type of home was my favorite. I came across one house that amazed me. It was in the French Chateauesque style, and all the ornate decorations really inspired me, which led to the design for this house. I brought all the components that I would want in my dream house together in this impressive design. Everything from 2 double car garages, a courtyard, fireplaces in many rooms, and a large master bathroom was included. The decoration and details on the front of the house took weeks to complete. Having to draw out each line on the computer was very time consuming, but it was all worth it when it came together. Once I designed the front of the house, the other sides became obnoxious to draw. The roof line was unusual, the windows were many different sizes, but I had to stick to it and finish. I still haven’t finished all of the elevations, but mainly because I haven’t worked on it in a while, but what I do have has become my pride and joy for the year.

0 comments: